My mother raised us loving the rodeo. I still remember my first rodeo in Deer Lodge, MT. I don't remember how old I was but I know I was younger than five. It was at the fairgrounds, I can still see the light blue building that housed the stands. I remember watching all the boys in the mutton bustin event and then gathering in the arena to try and catch one of the many baby pigs that were oiled up so as to make it impossible to capture.
I remember my first trip to Frontier Days in Cheyenne, Wyoming and purchasing my first cowgirl hat. It was spray painted turquoise blue and had a beautiful feather front piece. I remember many a trips to the Montana State Fair in Great Falls, MT, local rodeos in Butte and making the yearly trip to the rodeos at the New Mexico State fair in Albuquerque, NM. Like I said, my mother raised us loving the rodeo.
I remember sitting in the movie theater with my mom watching Pure Country (George Strait's theatrical performance) and seeing her eyes light up during the entrance scene of the National Finals Rodeo (NFR) in Las Vegas. After the movie while we talked about what we thought about the film I remember her mentioning that she would love to go one time and take in the big event.

Well this year my mother would have her chance. My sister scored some great tickets through her work and invited my mom along with Kadence and Cole. Everyone was sooooo excited. Kadence loves the rodeo as much as my mom, mostly because of my mom so I was grateful that they would get to experience this together. 


No comments:
Post a Comment