Finally it was here. Christmas Morning. Santa visited and visited well.
Up until Christmas I had been drilled every morning by Cole.
Cole: Is it Christmas yet mommy? Did Santa bring me presents?
Me: No son, not until Friday.
Cole: But it is Friday.
Cole: But it is Friday.
Me: No son, it is Monday (or Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
Cole: No it's not! It is Friday!
Me: No son, not yet.
Cole: I am so so mad!
Me: Sorry buddy.
No more morning drill. The day was here. The kids woke up relatively early, about 6:30 am and came in and got us. I headed down stairs first so I could capture the moment.

Chance wasn't sure what all of the hoopla was about, but thought the new toys were great.
He gave it his all to try to open his presents but just couldn't figure it out.
Lucky for him, his big brother eagerly came to his aide and helped him out.
His favorite part about it all, these pretty bows.
Cole opened present after present and was genuinely happy with each one, even all of the clothes. He took time to pull each outfit out of the box and hold it up to show mommy and daddy. Grandma and Grandpa lucked out and got the kids Zhu Zhu pets, one of the seasons hot toy items.
Kadeebug opened each present ever so carefully anxiously awaiting the surprise inside.
She even modeled for me.
Charlie was surrounded by the Christmas Morning mess.
While we were opening our gifts I noticed the puppies were almost pouting, they must have thought Santa forgot about them.
Luckily, Charlie found the raw hides Santa brought them and there eyes lit up just like the kids...
After we opened presents we settled in for breakfast. Charlie made us all Waffles, a Christmas Morning tradition he carried over from his family. Chance couldn't hold out though and fell asleep in his highchair. It was definitely time for a Christmas Morning nap.
Cole tried on his sister's new Heely's.
The kids were in awe. Cole couldn't decide what to do first, play with Santa gifts, open the gifts under the tree, play with Santa gifts...he just kept going back and forth. The cutest thing about the day however was the fact that he was so centered on himself getting presents all week leading up to Christmas. But once it was here all he cared about was giving everyone else their presents. He kept begging for me to open my gifts even though I wanted him to finish opening his first. Every time someone came over he raced to meet them with their gift begging that they open it. Somehow or another he got the meaning children seem to forget every once in awhile. Christmas was about giving, not receiving.
Later on during the day my parents came over and then Julie, Pete, Cody and Dani joined us for Prime Rib dinner.
After the day was here and gone I was making one of many trips out to the trash can when I caught a glance of my front yard. It was so quiet. It was so beautiful, all lit up. And there from our tree hung the kids swing just begging for someone to ride it. Besides the kids eyes lighting up as they took in Christmas morning, this was my favorite moment of the day.
After the day was here and gone I was making one of many trips out to the trash can when I caught a glance of my front yard. It was so quiet. It was so beautiful, all lit up. And there from our tree hung the kids swing just begging for someone to ride it. Besides the kids eyes lighting up as they took in Christmas morning, this was my favorite moment of the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment