Every Christmas we celebrate our traditions, things that are important for us to do year after year. I want to give my kids those memories. It is important to me. I want them to be able to say, "Every Christmas we do this." Unfortunately, this Christmas got away from me. With the house in disrepair for as long as it was it seems like we were constantly playing catch up and when the holidays came knocking at our door, I found myself farther and farther behind!
I was able to get it together to give the kids their Christmas pajamas and ornaments. 

I usually give the kiddos this early gift the night we decorate our tree and then we all snuggle in and watch a favorite Christmas movie and spend the night in the living room basking in all of the Christmas lights. This year I didn't even get the tree up until the 19th, I couldn't because of the pending carpet install. I got our tree up but didn't get it decorated, thank goodness it was pre-lit so it at least had lights on it. The kids were so tired by the time we finished that night there was no Christmas movie and we all ended up sleeping in our own beds. I let our tradition down...never again! I'm not sure if the kids even knew the difference, but I did.


I usually give the kiddos this early gift the night we decorate our tree and then we all snuggle in and watch a favorite Christmas movie and spend the night in the living room basking in all of the Christmas lights. This year I didn't even get the tree up until the 19th, I couldn't because of the pending carpet install. I got our tree up but didn't get it decorated, thank goodness it was pre-lit so it at least had lights on it. The kids were so tired by the time we finished that night there was no Christmas movie and we all ended up sleeping in our own beds. I let our tradition down...never again! I'm not sure if the kids even knew the difference, but I did. Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year but unfortunately this one I just wasn't prepared for...sorry kiddos, I promise next year will be different. Mommy will get all of the decorations up, I will get the tree up early so we can snuggle under all of the lights watching all of our Christmas favorites and it will be back to traditions, the way it should be.


No comments:
Post a Comment