Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's Time to Make the Cookies

Every year my mother goes all out baking sweet treats for Christmas. This year we all got in the spirit and helped her out. She came down to my house on Sunday morning with cookie dough (Peanut Butter Blossoms and Sugar Cookies) already mixed up and chilled along with her yummy butter cream icing. It was just up to me, Kadee, Julie and Dani to bake and decorate them.
Kadence and Cole pitched in more then they know...they took over the job I held for many years, unwrapping bag after bag of Hershey Kisses to place on the Peanut Butter Blossoms.This day confirmed something I have suspected. The baking gene definitely skipped a generation. I enjoy baking but don't necessarily thrive on it like my mother does. Kadence, like my mother, loves to bake and was right there through it all and never tired. She rolled all of the Peanut Butter Blossoms in the sugar before we baked them.Her and Grandma cut out the sugar cookies...We also mixed up three batches of Millionaire Bars...And then it was time to decorate, Kadence's favorite. We all got pretty creative this year and I think they all looked great when we were done.

No comments: