Sunday, January 25, 2009

Holy Moly Guacamole!

Okay, I am the first to admit I am not the best cook in the world. My mother's Betty Crocker genes definitely skipped me. I am improving a little and now that I am on my budget I try to cook a lot more at home and make more homemade stuff. Tonight it was quesadillas for dinner. I had about eight leftover chicken breasts that my mom had sent down to us. She still is used to cooking for a family of seven and a few neighbors :) I always make homemade guacamole to go with the quesadillas and let me tell you my kiddos LOVE IT! They literally can't stop eating it from the second I mix it up until they are done with dinner. Every time either me or Charlie make it they insist on sitting on the counter right next to the bowl so they can have the first sample. You would think kids would be swayed away from something that is so green and goopy...not my kids, they dig right in!

1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

I think a bowl of that would look really nice sitting on the "food counter" in front of me. Much better than those cookies that are sitting there right now!