Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kadee's School Project

Kadee brought home a fun school project this week. There were three paper plates attached together with brads and she was to make a snowman out of it. Immediately my mind started racing with ideas, we could use this and we could do this...and then I took a breath and realized I needed to gain control of myself. This was Kadence's project, not Kristi's. Although I do think it would be so much fun to be back in Kindergarten again, my noodle necklaces would probably look so much better then the ones I made in Kindergarten. I could already see the bling I would add to them with rhinestones and colors.

I get a little OCD when I work on projects so I knew I would only have to help her with ideas and she would have to do the rest. So we hit Michael's on Tuesday night to pick up some supplies. She decided she wanted to cover her snowman with cotton balls because that would look like snow. I agreed...and then suggested that maybe she pick out some glitter to make it sparkle which she immediately agreed to, she looooves glitter! Her snowman was going to be a girl so she wanted a bow for her hair. And then we picked out supplies for her eyes, nose, mouth, arms, a scarf and some buttons.








On Wednesday night we got home and dug right into making her snowman (snow-woman). I think we both had a blast. I found myself wanting to do everything for her because it was so much fun, and then I would catch myself and make her do all of the work. She did a great job!

Cole even wanted part of the action so I passed him some glue and scrap fabric so he could make his very own.

1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

Ahhh, the noodle necklace and the cottonball snowman...such fun memories of my younger years! :o) You were a good mom to let her do it herself, but I know how hard it is to just sit back.