Sunday, January 18, 2009

Facebook

So Sunday afternoon I received a message on my cell phone from my friend Tanya in ABQ. It wasn't very good reception but I could hear the excitement in her voice. She mentioned something about blogging and then Facebook and I couldn't really hear the rest. Curious to see what she was talking about I called her back and she let me in on a new found interest...Facebook. She told me I had to sign up, you wouldn't believe how many people we know are on there. So that night I got online and signed up, or should I say, signed my life away...Her exact words to me were, it is so addicting, it is like crack! (Rest assured, my friend has never experimented with crack, she hardly drinks for that matter). But she was right, sure enough I got one friend request after another and pictures of people I have not seen for 10-15 years were popping up on my screen, most of them with families. It was amazing reconnecting with so many people after all of these years! What a wonderful tool. Now my only question is with blogging and Facebook, who is going to take care of my hubby and kiddos???? J/K. I will just have to set limits!


3 comments:

Carol Swift said...

Which one do you like better, Facebook or Blogger?

The Neilsons said...

Blogging is my favorite. I really am not crazy over the format of Facebook, there is so much going on and it's hard to keep track of what is what. The thing that sucks me in with Facebook is just seeing pictures of people you haven't talked to or seen for years and all of a sudden here they are again! But after that initial "hello" that is pretty much it...Blogging has more value in my opinion, this is my life, my memories and something me and my family will have to re-visit anytime we choose!

Carol Swift said...

I signed up for Facebook just to see what you were seeing. I didn't like how it "grabbed" my email addresses to look for my friends, but it was fun to see some additional people I hadn't seen in years. My kids have Facebook accounts, but I'm glad they blog, too. I'm going to stick to blogging--Facebook didn't suck me in as quickly as Blogger did.