Thursday, August 6, 2009

What a Wonderful Surprise

So Thursday morning I am sitting at my desk working hard and I hear my cell phone ring. I answer it right away because it is a really annoying ring, but unfortunately the only one I can hear (I am going deaf). I looked down at the caller ID to see who it was and low and behold it was my big brother Rick. I was a little surprised, we don't talk nearly as much as we should so I was curious to see what he was calling about. Our conversation went a little like this:

Me: Hello There!
Rick: Hi!
Me: What are you doing?
Rick: Driving to Vegas...
Me: Shut Up!
Rick: What?!?
Me: You are not driving to Vegas.
Rick: Yes I am, I am just outside of Salt Lake.
Me: Are you kidding me?!?
Rick: No. I had vacation time left, Cindy (his wife) couldn't get away so she told me to get in the car and go see my family...so I did!

From there we started formulating our plans. This was too good of a surprise to spoil. I told him to call me when he was close and I would make sure my parents and sister were together so he could surprise them later that night. I called my parents and sister and made plans for them to be at my house at about 7:30 for a BIG surprise. They were curious but they agreed! Sure enough, just before eight I got a call from Rick, I gave him directions to the house and waited for the knock on the door. When he walked in the look on my parents and sisters' faces was priceless. What a great surprise! I am glad I decided to keep it and not let the cat out of the bag!

Everyone waiting for the "Big" Surprise.

The grand entrance.

Can't really see it in the picture but my mom is crying her eyes out she was so excited!

1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

Awww...what a sweet surprise! I'd love to have my son surprise me like that.