Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Red Rock Canyon and Ribs!

While my brother Rick was in town I decided to take the afternoon off and take my family on a tour of Red Rock Canyon. I had never been and figured it would be fun to all pile in the Excursion and wander out there. Charlie had to work and I left the kiddos at the Babysitters because we were going to hit Red Rock Hotel and Casino after our trip through the Canyon. Myself along with my parents, Rick and my sister and her hubby all piled into the Excursion (this is why I love my gas guzzler!) and headed west. It was a very hot and bright day! We stopped at the lookout and I made everyone get out of the car, because that's what tourists do. We snapped a couple pics, loaded back into the car and off we went.
We headed to Red Rock Casino where we all put a couple of bucks in the slots. I ended up winning about $5.00, but it didn't matter we had an absolute blast playing the Deal or No Deal slot machine. I kept getting bonuses and had to pick the briefcases. I had my whole family behind me cheering me on just like I was on the show. I forgot to mention that it was a penny slot so I absolutely refused to take the bankers deals and went for the gusto every time. On our way out of the casino we all got a whiff of the BBQ restaurant. WOW! Usually I can't smell too well but this was not the case with this joint. I am telling you I still smelled that scrumptous scent for days after. I think the smell lingered with all of us because after making it back to our side of town we decided to go to Lucille's BBQ at the District for dinner. Yummmmy!

No comments: