Saturday we went shopping with Aunt Julie, Dani, Cody and Grandma for school clothes. We found just the right outfit for the first day.
Sunday we went shopping for school supplies. (Note to self: Do NOT wait until the day before school to buy supplies...there are none!) After hitting Target and Walgreens we had the necessities she needed to get started. I would have to scour the city however to find a pencil box. That night I made her lunch, she wanted to buy lunch in the cafeteria but me being the nervous parent thought I would send a packed lunch and money, that way she was covered!
Monday we got the kids up a little earlier than normal because we knew we needed plenty of time to get ready for school. I made Kadee our "Special Day" breakfast...pancakes with whip cream and sprinkles, of course Cole got some too!
Then we were on our way. 
We walked Kadee up to find her line.
There she saw some friends from her kindergarten class in line, Daisy and Jaden.
It was like a wave of relief came over her and her nervous smile was replaced with an excited smile...thank goodness!
When the bell rang we walked her to her class, dropped off her school supplies and gave her a big hug and kiss! She was on her own now.
Then we were on our way. 
We walked Kadee up to find her line.
There she saw some friends from her kindergarten class in line, Daisy and Jaden.
It was like a wave of relief came over her and her nervous smile was replaced with an excited smile...thank goodness!
When the bell rang we walked her to her class, dropped off her school supplies and gave her a big hug and kiss! She was on her own now.I took the afternoon off to pick her up from school. When the bell rang her class came out and the teacher kept them all in line like a bunch of baby birds while she dismissed one at a time to their parents. I found Kadee in line, she was gabbing away with two other girls...my little social butterfly! It was finally her turn to be dismissed and she ran over and gave me a big hug and reassured me that she had a great day.
I treated her to an after school treat. She decided she wanted a treat from Applebee's. So we headed to the restaurant and ordered the Chocolate Chip Sundae...yummy! We got to sit and chat, just us girls and I heard all about her day. After Applebees we walked over to the pet store, one of her favorite things to do. We both fell in love with a little Miniature Pinscher...he was so cute. 

All in all, she had a great start to what will hopefully be a great school year.

No comments:
Post a Comment