Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What Should I Teach Kadence Today???

Kadee's homework tonight included cutting out words and pasting them to the appropriate picture on the worksheet. I was juggling between getting dinner cooked and helping her with her homework. I got her started and she cut out her first word and started putting glue on it to paste to the worksheet. She got a little too much on the picture and immediately asked for help with her mess.

I initially reached for a paper towel to wipe up the mess and then thought, wait a second...I am missing a golden opportunity to teach my daughter an old trick! I took the gooey piece of paper out of her hand, turned it upside down and wiped the excess glue all over the palm of her hand. The look on her face was priceless! It was a look of shock and disgust all rolled into one. I assured her what I was doing was super cool, so she quickly smiled and went along with mommy's directions to blow on the glue until it dried.


Soon enough the glue was dry and I showed her how to peel the layer of glue off of her hand which she thought was pretty darn cool. Oh the wonderful things we teach our young!

2 comments:

Pick-Up Artist said...

LOL! I remember doing that! I'm also impressed that the dried glue came off in one big piece!

Dallas said...

I used to love doing that!!