Saturday, February 7, 2009

Don't Mention Any Food Around Me...

Okay so my pregnancy cravings have gone into full swing! The funny thing is that I don't just all of a sudden crave something, I have what I like to call suggestive cravings. All that has to happen is someone has to say a type of food, I can see a commercial or just simply drive by a restaurant and it just kicks in. Well Friday the suggestive craving went into full gear. Yelena just simply mentioned Arby's before lunch and that was that. I would have Arby's for lunch...one way or another! Immediately after Arby's was mentioned everyone else started kicking in more suggestions, Beef-N-Cheddar's, Curly Fries...Lunch time could not come fast enough! We all loaded into Charlie's truck and off we went to Arby's. After a full serving of Beef-N-Cheddar and Curly Fries we were all stuffed, however...

I decided it was a great time to act on a craving I have had for at least a week now, thanks to Clarice at work. One day she mentioned Luv It's and since the words slipped out of her mouth I have had the craving in the back of my head. So I decided today was a great day to act on it! Luv It's is a small mom and pop frozen custard shop. Everyday they have a different feature flavor and my all time favorite is butter pecan! Clarice had mentioned that Friday's was butter pecan day so I thought I better take advantage of it being Friday! So with full tummy's already we trekked over to Luv It's. I was the only one who has had Luv It's before so it was new to Charlie, Dallas, Diane and Yelena.


I quickly looked at the featured flavor menu to make sure Friday was butter pecan day and much to my surprise it was not...today was peach! I am not a fan of peach but lucky for me the man told me he had a little butter pecan left. YEAH! It was as I remember, pure heaven. Everyone else split between the Turtle Special which was covered in nuts and chocolate and the Jimmy Special which had butterscotch, sliced bananas and chocolate jimmies. YUMMY!

3 comments:

Carol Swift said...

It's been a long time since I've eaten there. I love their custard!

Dallas said...

yeah you and your cravings are bad news to my diet! HAHA!! But custard is good for you, right?

Clarice said...

sure blame the other pregnant girl for your cravings...I can't believe I missed the luv it day :(