So Monday morning was crazy, as are all weekday mornings in my house. Charlie was flying out to Albuquerque for work so I needed to get him to the airport on my way into work. Cole and Kadence were up coughing all night long so I was trying to make arrangements with my mom who so graciously volunteered to watch them for a couple hours while I headed into work to get a few must-dos completed. So in the craziness of getting everyone ready I was in my bathroom and I heard Charlie with nothing but shock in his voice, "OH MY GOD!" I calmly responded, "What?" thinking to myself, do I really want to know? "Come look," he replied which I quickly responded, "no, I don't want to." I knew it was going to be bad. I walked out the bathroom door through my bedroom to the top of the stairs where Kadence and Charlie were standing. Kadee was covering her mouth with her hand so I knew right then and there, nothing good had happened. I peeked over Charlie's shoulder and just had to laugh.
Cole was standing at the bottom of the stairs, the refrigerator door was wide open and there were eggs broken all over the kitchen floor. The thing is is that my eggs are pretty well hidden on a higher shelf in the fridge back behind several bottles of jelly, etc...yet he found them. We slowly walked down stairs and counted at least a dozen eggs broken all over the kitchen and dining room floor. Kadee went into the living room and found two whole eggs he threw into the living room but luckily for the carpet they didn't break...whew! Oh wait it was Monday morning so it could only get worse right! Right, the dogs had attempted to help clean up a couple of the eggs and decided they weren't too yummy so they threw up all over the floor. Oh I love Mondays. Even more so, I love my curious athletic son, he is always good for a good chuckle!

1 comment:
This is so funny, more so because I'm not the one who had to clean it up! :0)
Post a Comment