Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Brownies

I stayed home with Cole on Thursday, we found out he had severe Bronchitis and a double ear infection...lovely and lots of fun :) I was starting to get a sore throat and wasn't feeling all that great either. We took Kadee to school and picked her up at the end of the day where I was given a wonderful report from her teacher. Kadence has recently has some problems socializing in class and not paying attention to the teacher. We have had several long conversations with her and the teacher thanked me very much for our efforts because whatever we were doing was working. What a relief. On top of that, she has been given a list of words to learn every week. On Thursdays, the teacher tests each kid and those who have learned their words get to move on. This week she struggled a little bit so I thought she might have a hard time with her test, but she didn't she passed with flying colors.

I thought she deserved some quality mommy and me time so I put Cole down for a nap (that's a whole other story...for two hours he laid in his bed with the occasional "MOMMY!" screamed at the top of his lungs! I wasn't going to cave in, he needed his sleep. I kept peeking in on him to make sure he was okay and on my last peek saw that he pulled his TV/DVD combo into his bed and pulled out the DVD player that is on the side of the TV! No more DVD's for Cole!)

Anyways, me and Kadee decided we would bake brownies...yum. We spent the afternoon chatting it up, mixing brownies which Kadence did all by herself and just enjoying time together. We had a blast and best of all got to have some delicious brownies to top off our afternoon.












No comments: