Saturday, February 7, 2009

Rainy Days

It rained all day long today so we were trying to come up with things to do to keep us all occupied. When it was time for Cole to take a nap Kadee came down from cleaning her room with a look of complete boredom on her face. I suggested that maybe we could play a board game to pass the time and Charlie suggested we play the old favorite, Clue.

We bought Clue a long time ago but had never played it, it was still in the plastic wrapping. Well little did I know that Charlie has a quirky tradition when he plays the game clue. He makes peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches. Being pregnant like I am you would think this would sound good to me but I was pretty skeptical as he started putting them together for himself and Kadence. You would think that after 16 years together I would know all there is to know about him, but I guess we have never played Clue together so I wouldn't know about the PB/Mallow sandwich! I took a bite of Kadence's and was surprised at how yummy they were.


After he and Kadee were done eating we sat down to a game of Clue. Kadee did great with a little help and Charlie ended up winning...Ms. White did it in the Billiard Room with the Knife (in case you were wondering). After the game of Clue we introduced Kadee to UNO. She really got a hang of this game and actually won the first game in the fastest time I have ever witnessed!


Even though we were stuck inside it ended up being a great day!

1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

I played Clue when I was a kid, but I've never eaten a PB and marshmallow sandwich. Wow! Sounds....gross, actually!