Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year...2010!

Wow! 2010 just doesn't even look right to me. My how time flies when you are having fun. Well along with New Year's I guess I should come forward with some resolutions to break. I am not trying to fool anyone...I know these are only set to be broken, it is really only a matter of how long it takes to break them.

1. Lose Weight. Three kids and wowee! I knew Chance was my last little bundle of joy so I decided to do this pregnancy thing right...yeah a whole 50 pounds right. What was I thinking? Well I was pregnant and I am one of those that actually loves being pregnant. I can wear whatever I want and don't have to worry about my big belly sticking out. Well those days are over, no more kids in my future so it is time to once and for all lose weight. After having Chance I was able to lose about thirty pounds on my own and then I hit a major plateau! Nothing, no matter how hard I tried my weight was not budging. Clarice talked me into doing P90X with her at lunch and I did it here and there for a couple of months. I wasn't totally committed but would do it at least 2-3 times per week until I hit the Holiday lull and took a week off here and a week off there. All in all though I was able to lose an additional 10 pounds. I have set my short-term and long-term goals and will work hard to get there. I think this resolution will be my easiest to keep. I want to be healthy, I want to have the energy I need to play and play hard with three kids and I want to feel good about the way I look. So wish me luck!

2. Stop being late. Those who know me know I am ALWAYS late. I hate it. It is nothing I try to do, it causes me nothing but stress and it drives me crazy! I am late to work, I am late to appointments, I am late to just about everything. So this year I will stay up late getting the diaper bag ready, setting out clothes for all three kids and myself, getting Kadee's lunch ready, making bottles, whatever it takes to get there on time. I am not making promises but this is the one resolution I really need to keep. I need to keep it for myself, my kids, my husband, and my colleagues. I NEED TO BE ON TIME!

3. Write Thank You Notes. I am so thankful for my family and my friends. When they take time out of their busy lives to show that they care about me and my family I am typically overwhelmed in gratefulness! I count my blessing for my life and the people in it and it is time I step up and express my thankfulness. I always buy the thank you notes, I make the thank you lists, yet I never get the cards out. I plan on doing it and something else comes up and before I know it a month has gone by and I think to myself, "oh it is too late now." I feel horrible for not expressing my heartfelt thanks. These people spend time and money on me and/or my family and I can't get it together to express my thanks in a note...shame on me!

4. Blog more often. I am so glad that Carol introduced me to blogging. I love it. I love that I get to express my memories in my own words with pictures that capture the moment. I don't have a lot of time in the day but I want to try to blog much more often then I currently do. It makes me feel good to make this memoir for my family. God forbid something ever happen to me, I will leave them with the best present I could ever imagine...my memories. Blogging makes me take the time to take that picture of a moment when my heart is full or even sometimes when it is sad. It makes me want to go places, do things, create memories. I will memorialize each year in a blog book for my friends and family to peruse to see who I am, who I want to be and what makes me smile.

I could probably go on and on but these are the ones I am picking for now. We'll see how it goes...

No comments: