Friday, January 15, 2010

A Day Off With the Kids

I didn't get to take any time off during Christmas time. I know I have weekends off but they usually fly right on by and are filled with grocery shopping, errands, laundry, etc...I was starting to miss my kids. I see them everyday but with everything going on I wasn't really seeing my kids, if you get my drift. I decided to take Friday off of work to just spend the day with the kiddos. My mom also joined us which was nice because it was starting to feel like the only time I talked to her was when I needed something, and I had really been needing her and my dad a lot lately!

We started our afternoon off with a matinee of Disney's new movie, "The Princess and the Frog". It was super cute and the kids loved it. This was Chance's first movie experience and he was awesome. The first half hour he spent wide-eyed in awe of the scenes on the screen. Then he really started getting into things and was dancing and singing every time a song came on. About a half hour prior to the movie ending all of the excitement finally got to him and he crashed!

After the movie we headed to the Park to wear off some pent up energy.My day was made when on the walk to the car in the parking lot Cole told me, "Mommy, that was a GREAT, GREAT movie and a FUN, FUN park!" I know when he says it twice he really means it. I was thankful for the extra time I got to spend with them. It really was a FUN, FUN day!

No comments: