Sunday, January 24, 2010

Kelly Came to Visit

My dear friend Kelly came to town for a work conference. We got to meet up with her on Friday night for a drink at Paris. Well it was a hell of a day at work, I hadn't had a chance to eat anything so I was ill-prepared to consume any alcohol. Me and Charlie headed over to Paris to meet her and some of her work colleagues. Low and behold it was HAPPY HOUR! Buy one get one free...a dirty, I mean two dirty martinis please. Well, I am not much of a drinker. If I drink one drink completely gone it is usually an accomplishment. Well, these two martinis were just so yummy and down they went! Did I mention I hadn't eaten anything all day? Did I mention I am not much of a drinker. These two libations knocked me on my @$$! Charlie had one drink and then headed out to relieve my mom who had watched the kids that day. I was on my own and by no means ready to drive home! First things first, get something in my belly. Well luckily the Paris has the best bakery so I took a gander at the selection and decided a nice buttery croissant should soak up some of this alcohol. After that it was off to watch everyone do what they do when they come to Vegas...gamble. We hit the slots and tables at Bally's and all I did was lose, lose, lose. Not very much fun. From there we headed over to O'Shea's and continued on our losing streak! After a few hours of catching up on all my vices (drinking, gambling...my goodness, what got into me?) it was definitely time to head home.

The next night me and Charlie met back up with Kelly and a couple of her friends. We headed to Diablos for dinner where we chatted about anything and everything. After dinner we headed over to Bellagio to hang out at one of the bars there. We enjoyed the people watching thoroughly! We had so much fun catching up, before we knew it, it was getting pretty late and time to head home. It was wonderful just hanging out with Kelly and catching up on everything. Our busy lives leave little time to visit one another so I treasure the few times we do get to see each other! I miss her so and I so wish she lived closer!

No comments: