Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Tanya!

Today is my good friend Tanya's birthday. I first met Tanya in high school. She was on the drill team and I was a cheerleader. We had a ton of great times in high school and made so many wonderful memories. One of my favorites that we still joke about today was the day I caught her and Charlie together. Yep you heard me right. I caught them sneaking around behind my back! Hard to believe I could still be friends with her huh?!? Okay, here is what happened...I was supposed to spend the night at Tanya's that night and she totally blew me off, she had something to do. I was like whatever! Then Charlie my boyfriend at the time was supposed to be at a friends or something, I don't remember the exact details. Anyways, I went to the grocery store to get something and as I turned down the aisle I busted them. There they were, my best friend and my boyfriend in the flower section giggling and having a great time. My heart sunk into my stomach. How dare they, how could they do this. They saw me (probably with my jaw dropped down to the floor) and came up with some silly story about why they were there. I left the grocery store, bright red in the face I am sure. I was furious! Tears, yelling, disappointment, you name it. Until the next day when I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Charlie. He is not so god at picking stuff out and solicited Tanya's help. Okay, so I felt like an ass afterwards. We still joke to this day about that incident!

Tanya has been a great friend through it all! She is a wonderful wife and a fantastic mother of three. She is that girl that you sit back and ask, how does she do everything she does and keeps it totally together! She never ceases to amaze me with her giving heart...I am blessed to have you as a friend Tanya. Happy Birthday.

No comments: