On Wednesday morning we left Las Vegas for Albuquerque to spend the Fourth of July with Charlie's family. This would be our first road trip with all three kids. I posted on Facebook that I was contemplating if we were crazy to drive 8+ hours with a two month old, a 2 1/2 year old and a 5 year old to which I got an overwhelming response that we may just be crazy! The kids were actually fantastic. We invested in those handy dandy DVD players that sit on the back of the headrests which kept Cole and Kadee occupied the whole time. And baby Chance was a champ and slept the entire time. We stopped in Flagstaff for an hour to eat lunch and let the kids play at McDonald's. I think all in all we only had one, "Are we there yet?"
Our road trip took us over the Hoover Dam and we got to see the progress of the new bridge they are building there. We always roll down our windows so we can get a good look at this amazing structure. I am posting some pictures of our recent view of it in July and some past pics taken in December 2008 to show the progress. It is amazingly high and makes my tummy quiver to look at it.
December 2008


July 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment