At the end of February my brother and sister-in-law came to visit. I was so excited because it had been a couple years since Cindy had come down to Vegas. Luckily, we had gotten to see her in Montana on our visits but it was nice to visit with her here in Vegas. They came in on Friday and got to see The Jersey Boys which they said was fantastic. On Saturday, we all met up and spent the day with one another. Saturday night we met up with them at Fremont Street (they were staying at the Golden Nugget) and we got to just sit back and relax and have a couple drinks with them. It was so nice to just sit and talk. My parents, being the angels they always are stayed home with the kids so we got to have one of those cherished adult nights. We had so much fun!
Sunday was Cindy's 50th birthday! All I have to say is that I pray that I look as good as she does at 50! She is still so fun-loving, happy and looks fabulous! We celebrated her birthday with dinner at my house. Me and the kids got her black and white "Over the Hill" balloons.

My parents cooked a fabulous meal followed up with red velvet cake covered in my mother's famous white mountain icing...yummy!


It was a wonderful birthday celebration that ended a great visit with Rick and Cindy. It just makes me realize how much I wish all of our families could live closer so we could spend spend these special kind of celebrations together.
No comments:
Post a Comment