Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Beautiful Day To Go Fishing

We have had a lot of rain this winter. Combine that with Chance being sick with pneumonia not once but twice and you can imagine how excited we were for a nice day. Chance was feeling better. It was going to be over 70 degrees so we decided to go fishing for the day.

We went to Nelson's landing which is on the Colorado river just east of the Hoover Dam. Every time we travel over the dam I try to catch pictures of the new Hoover Dam bridge by-pass so I can track its progress. It is definitely getting there. Again, these pictures just do not do it justice. This thing is a monster and is soooooo high, I think the first time we drive over it I will definitely have to close my eyes!The kids loved getting out into the fresh air. Chance was all decked out in his fishing gear.Cole and Kadence spent most of the time feeding the ducks. They each threw a line in the water but it was up to Daddy to keep an eye on it the rest of the time.
Charlie, Pete and Cody found their fishing spot and didn't move from it until it was time to go. They insisted there were fish in this lake however, I didn't see any of them even get a nibble!
My little fisherman was all dudded it out in his official fishing hat. It is official because it is from Bass Pro Shop and has a big fish on it!
We had a wonderful, quiet day with fantastic weather to boot. Mom, Dad, Julie, and Chance and I hung out at the picnic table shooting the breeze while the boys fished. I love these kind of days and am so looking forward for the Spring!

No comments: