The kids were awfully surprised when they came downstairs in the morning.
That afternoon my mom came over so the kids could help her decorate the heart shaped sugar cookies she made for Valentine's day. Kadee loves to help her ice and decorate them and Cole is totally loving it now too!
Unfortunately, I think Chance got too much fresh air fishing the day before and was up all night coughing, and coughed pretty much all day long. We canceled our plans for Valentine's dinner and instead decided to cook something ourselves. All of the stores had fantastic sales on steaks and crab legs so we indulged ourselves. It was Valentine's Day!
It was not the most romantic Valentine's Day I have had with a sick baby and all but boy did I count my blessings to still have the same Valentine I had 18 years ago! I don't care how we spend the day, as long as it is together!

No comments:
Post a Comment