Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spring Projects

We have several projects around the house that have been hanging around all winter. Now that the weather has been beautiful we decided to get out and tackle them. First off was the garage. Our cars do not fit in our garage so Charlie kind of converted it into his man room. However, after the holidays it typically gets cluttered with decorations that need to go back to storage along with about a hundred other things! Charlie worked on the garage while me and the kids did some painting projects. The kids easel which is a chalk board on one side and a dry-erase on the other was in much need of a paint job. The kids took black sharpie markers and scribbled all over them. So we got some chalkboard paint and white dry erase paint and fixed them up good as new. I decided it would be fun to repaint the kids table with the white dry erase as well that way it would be easy to clean any scribbles that missed the paper. I love signs with sayings and wooden letters that say something or another. I had purchased letters at JoAnn's a while ago that spell out, "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" to hang in my bedroom so I painted those while we were at it. All in all we got a lot done and the kids had a blast putting their painting skills to test.

1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

Sounds like too much physical labor to me. :o)