Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lake Havasu Here We Come...

To go or not to go??? That was the big question this week. It seemed like everything that could go wrong was going wrong. We had planned a long weekend camping trip to Lake Havasu with our friends the Prossers and the Millers. We had been looking forward to it until...Chance came down with yet another ear infection; Charlie hurt his back to the point he couldn't even stand straight (he was hunched over so bad he looked like the hunchback of Notre Dame - he was in MAJOR pain; we lost the keys to the camper (we tore the ENTIRE house apart looking for them and in doing so finally got our garage straightened up a little); and when we were sure nothing else could possibly go wrong my closet fell down on me and Cole while I was packing. All I could think is that somebody was trying to tell us that it was not a good idea to go on this trip. We cancelled our reservations, called the Prossers and told them we just weren't going to make it and were pretty much set on not going until...Charlie found the keys in his jacket pocket. We made a last minute decision that we were going one way or another. We had been looking so forward to it and were pretty bummed about not going. Hey you only live once! I made a mad dash to the store to get food for the weekend. We hurried and packed everything up and pulled out of town late that afternoon. We couldn't get a hold of the Prosser's to let them know we were coming so it was a pretty big surprise when we pulled into the spot next to them at about 8:00 pm that night! We got set up and tried to relax a little!

Our campground was Awesome. There was nice big shade trees and the lake was just a few yards away!
The next morning we rented a pontoon with the Prossers. Everyone else had their own boats but we figured the pontoon would be the best for all the little ones. We enjoyed Wayne's DELICIOUS bloody mary's and then headed out on the boats to find a nice cove to stop and play in. Chance hung out in the boat where he practiced his "Look how cool I am" look.The girls had none other than an Oreo eating contest.Cole worked really hard to make a sandcastle.And we played and we played and we played in the water!Kadee trying out the boogie board.Kadee and Cole and the girls ventured over to the island not far from us.
Our misfortunes seemed to follow us on the trip unfortunately. It was pretty windy on the lake and while we were cruising along the shade cover of the pontoon snapped in half and whacked Charlie right in the head. I joked with him that whoever had a voodoo doll of him must have been pretty angry and really taking it out on him!

Regardless, we had a lot of fun. There was a lot of relaxing time. I snapped this cute pic of all the kids hanging out in the camper watching a movie. It makes me think of how times have changed, when I was their age the thought of watching t.v. while camping was crazy!I am so glad we didn't let our string of bad luck get in the way of going. It was worth getting out of town and just kicking back a little.

1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

I don't think I would have gone after all that "bad luck" but it looks like it was a great time.