We headed into work and didn't mention anything to Kadence. We haven't brought Cole before because he is still a little to rambunctious to last all day with us in a somewhat quiet atmosphere. When I got to work the guilt of not including Kadence really started to eat away at me. I just had a lump in my throat all morning because I was on the verge of tears. How could I not include her on this day she loves so much because, "I am too busy!" I always have told myself that I would never allow myself to be that mom that is just "too busy". Yet here I was allowing int to happen. The sinking feeling in my gut just got worse and worse until I couldn't stand it anymore. I walked into my bosses office holding back the tears and explained that I just had to go get her. Of course he obliged and out the door I went.
I walked into the front school of her office and explained to the secretary that I would like to pull my daughter out of class to take her to work with me. She gave me a smile as if to say, "what a good mom!" I finally realized I was doing the right thing. Whatever was going on at work would have to wait one more day.
The second Kadee walked into the front office and saw me standing there she lit up and had a smile from ear to ear. "Mommy, what are you doing here?" she asked. I told her it was Take Your Child to Work Day and that I couldn't stand being at work without her.
We headed back into town and met Clarice and Kaitlin at Jason's Deli. It was packed with proud parents and even prouder kids who were accompanying them to work that day.
From there we headed into the office where we did our tour of the office. The jail cells are always a helpful reminder for us to hammer home the point that if you are bad enough, you might just end up here!
Erin and Tony stocked the kids up with lots of "Company Propaganda" supplies. Kadee had a blast and I was so glad I went and got her.
She asks me about this day all year long, and to think I almost deprived her of something she looks so forward to. Thank goodness my mommy instincts kicked in and told my work instinct to cool it for the day.
Next year I will bring Cole in as well...

No comments:
Post a Comment