We got a special surprise when we ran into Kadee's friend Reena and her family. We caught up with them for a while (they were buying rose bushes for their yard) and then made our final selections.
While in line at the cashier's we were amazed to discover that they sold live ladybugs in a tub. I was going to throw Chance a bug party for his first birthday party, instead decided to just do a small celebration and to postpone bugs till next year. Anyway, I found a website where you could buy ladybugs. They would send them in hibernation (basically frozen) and then you defrost them when you are ready to release them. Dallas was not sure if "frozen" lady bugs were ethical or not, now I can set her worries to rest and ensure that I will by warm, live lady bugs for the party next year :)
We got home and planted away. I bought some red geraniums (my favorite outdoor flower - but they have a tough time in the Vegas heat). I couldn't resist putting a couple in my red buckets.

Next we replanted the center circle of our front yard. We picked good old hearty marigolds and a couple different bushes. We added one of my cute little yard signs and voila!




No comments:
Post a Comment