On Saturday, June 6 we went to Kaitlin's sixth birthday party.
Kaitlin's mom works with me and her and Kadee have become friends through several of our outings together. The kids had a blast playing with squirt guns and water balloons. The games were a blast too, the three legged race was quite the spectacle (lots of tumbling going on) and the "plum run" instead of an egg race was hilarious to watch. 
After the games we ate and had cake and then wandered over to the splash park and playground. 
Kaitlin's mom works with me and her and Kadee have become friends through several of our outings together. The kids had a blast playing with squirt guns and water balloons. The games were a blast too, the three legged race was quite the spectacle (lots of tumbling going on) and the "plum run" instead of an egg race was hilarious to watch. 
After the games we ate and had cake and then wandered over to the splash park and playground. 
This was my first event I attended with the three kiddos solo and although we had a couple of hours of drama-free fun, I had a funny feeling it wouldn't last...boy was I right. Once over at the play area it was a challenge alone just to keep an eye on both Kadence and Cole, of course they shot off in two different directions. Next thing I knew, Kadee came walking over crying deliriously. Apparently she collided with another boy and hit her lip on his head. She busted her lip pretty good which resulted in a lovely fat lip. Next thing I knew, Cole came over crying his eyes out because he hit his head on the slide. Of course to top things off, Chance who had been fantastic the whole time started to wake up because it was time to eat! At this point it was time for me to catch the "Calgon Train" that I hoped would take me away. When it didn't arrive I figured we had better load up and head home. We really did have a nice time up until the last five minutes when the playground + kids = owies factor snuck up on us!

Kadence and her fat lip!

1 comment:
I feel so bad about her fat lip. :(
Hey...I'm stealing the pics off your blog since I didn't get to take pics that day
Post a Comment