
So this week has been relatively cold and on Monday the foothills surrounding Vegas got snow. It has been beautiful to see the mountains surrounding us with a dusting of snow covering them. So at work on Monday, I started joking around with everyone saying that maybe we would get a snow day, since there were flurries and all. Everyone laughed hysterically at me. I told them, you wait until these roads are snow packed and we can't drive home. The laughs got louder and louder. Well this morning it looked a little threatening but this is Vegas and the chances of snow in two days just isn't in the cards. Well low and behold at lunch we started seeing a flake here and a flake there. I immediately warned my coworkers to just wait and see because the roads would be snow packed and we wouldn't be able to get home. Again I was laughed at...hysterically.

Well around 2:00 pm we started seeing these snowflakes again. The calls started to our family and friends to see what the weather was like near their part of town. When I called my mom she informed me there was at least two inches on the ground by them. Then another co-worker who happened to be off e-mailed a photo of himself at his house and there was quite a bit of snow on the ground! At 3:00 pm we left the office. It took us two hours to get home. Us Vegas drivers just aren't used to this white stuff! When we got to our house, it was stunning and had a beautiful white blanket covering it. We immediately bundled the kids up and headed to the front yard to build a snowman.

Our neighborhood was very spirited and almost all of the houses had a friendly snowman in their front yards! As of right now it is still snowing, schools are canceled tomorrow and who knows maybe mommy and daddy will have a "Snow Day" because after all, the roads look like they will be snow packed :
1 comment:
I loved all the snow (except when I was driving home from work in it.) I'm glad you guys made it home safe and were able to build such a big snowman.
Post a Comment