Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Cookies!

Every year my mother goes to town baking for the Holidays. This year I think she said she was only going to make six types, she just wasn't up to doing a lot of baking. Every year I intend to help her make every type so that I too can learn the recipes and carry on this great tradition. Once again the Holidays got away from me, more so this year than ever and I didn't get to help. Luckily, Kadence got to join in the fun though and one Sunday they made over five dozen sugar cookies which were frosted and then carefully decorated. I know every year that I don't stand a chance at resisting these spectacular sweets. Luckily this year I have a legit excuse for my big belly! My favorites include the powder sugar covered Rumballs and the Peanut Butter Blossoms that are topped with Hershey Kisses. Here's a few pics of her work. I hope she knows just how much we appreciate her hours in the kitchen and look forward to these sweets every year!

A sampling of Mom's cookies that I took to Albuquerque with us!

Divinity, Fudge, Carmels and Chocolate Carmels

Peanut Butter Blossoms, Rumballs, and Pumpkin Cookies

Drop Cookies, Sugar Cookies, Apple filled Cookies

More Rumballs, Spritz and Rosettes

3 comments:

Carol Swift said...

Yum! What a great mom to do all the baking for you. :o) They all look so good!

Dallas said...

YUM!!! Why did we not see any of these at work??

The Wongs said...

These cookies look familiar to me too - I am pretty sure I have seen those trays and trays of cookies in my younger years! :)