Kadee and Cole were up at my mom's house on Monday. She usually keeps them at least one day a week. Come about 3:00 pm I get a call at work from Grandma, "Kristi...I got the bleeding stopped but..." My heart dropped to my stomach as I waited for the rest of the sentence. Cole biffed it big time and cut open his cheek. I calmly (which I am not sure where the calmness came from) told my mom, don't worry we will be right there. Off we went from work up to Grandma's. When we got there Cole was running around like nothing really happened. However when I did ask to see his owie I did get the sad face as he pointed to the little gash on his cheek. Charlie cleaned it up and we thought it would be okay but decided to take him to Urgent Care just in case since we're not doctors.Well once the doc saw him, he decided he needed stitches, three of them to be exact. So the bundled up Cole in a little papoose so he couldn't fling around and three stitches and a few tears later he was on his way to being mended up. He cried right up until we got to the receptionist desk and the big basket of lollipops and magically all the pain disappeared. Thank goodness for those docs who still believe in the lollipop cure!
My poor mom and Kadee felt so bad like it was their fault, however anyone who knows Cole is neither surprised, nor do they think that this is the last time he visits Urgent Care! I stayed home with him the next day in an attempt to limit his activity as the doc ordered so he didn't bang it and open it up. Wow, when you really watch this kid (not that I don't keep an eye on him normally) but when you really try to prevent the injuries...he is like a little tornado. If he isn't jumping off of the dog crates behind the couch onto the couch and coming within centimeters of the coffee table, or pushing his little table over to the TV to climb on top of the TV or better yet pushing the bar stool in the garage up to the dart board and pulling out all of the darts, then it is just not a regular day! Oh my son, my 100%, all boy son!

3 comments:
You WERE calm when you were talking to your mom and as you left work. I was actually impressed by your calmness. :o)
My 4 year old and 2 year old grandsons leap from one piece of furniture to another and jump from high places, so I know we may see you at urgent care sometime.
I'm still surprised Malachi hasn't had a stich yet OR even an ER visit (with the exception of a really high fever). I'm sure there will be more to come... unfortunitly.
Poor little guy!! Glad he is okay - and girl all I can say is be thankful you only have 1 !! I have 2 that are always just seconds away from a serious injury!! :)
Post a Comment