The next day was Halloween. It is also Nevada Day so Charlie got the day off of work. The kids stayed home with him and they carved their pumpkins. This is Charlie's favorite thing to do at Halloween. He buys one of the pumpkin carving books and goes to town every year. He usually does one and I will do one, however, since I had to work he let Kadee do one and she did a great job!


After carving pumpkins they decked out in their costumes and headed over to our babysitter's house for a Halloween party. Kadence was a Hollywood starlett. I have to make mention that this was the first year I let her pick out her very own costume. Naturally my daughter picked out the PINKEST, most girly girl costume in the store! But she loved it and that was all that mattered! We decided Cole would be a boxer, which made me a little nervous only because I was afraid he would play the role a little to well! And sure enough at the babysitter's he nailed one of the bigger boys who sometimes likes to pick on him right on the nose!
When I got home from work we went over to some friends of ours so all of the kids could have pizza and little bit of playtime together before hitting the streets trick or treating. After pizza we went back to our neighborhood to do some trick or treating. I go all out on Halloween and have lights everywhere! It almost looks like Christmas however in orange and purple instead of red and green. My mom was gracious enough to hang back at the house to pass out candy which I think was a workout for her because our neighborhood got hit hard!
We went around the block and the kids got lots of goodies. I took Cole in his little push car because I thought he might get tired by the time we were done. He was hilarious, I wasn't sure if he was going to get the trick or treat thing or not but after a couple of houses he caught on real quick. If we got to a house with a light on he immediately turned to me, pointed at the house and said Mama Mama Mama in his frantic voice. I wouldn't be able to stop quick enough before he was climbing out of his car and running up to the front door with his sister! They had a blast and we now we are stuck everyday looking at our candy bowl, full of goodies fighting the temptation! That's what we love about Halloween!
We went around the block and the kids got lots of goodies. I took Cole in his little push car because I thought he might get tired by the time we were done. He was hilarious, I wasn't sure if he was going to get the trick or treat thing or not but after a couple of houses he caught on real quick. If we got to a house with a light on he immediately turned to me, pointed at the house and said Mama Mama Mama in his frantic voice. I wouldn't be able to stop quick enough before he was climbing out of his car and running up to the front door with his sister! They had a blast and we now we are stuck everyday looking at our candy bowl, full of goodies fighting the temptation! That's what we love about Halloween!

2 comments:
WOW! Awsome pumpkins!! I thought I did a good job this year... not compared to Charlie's work!
Sounds like you all had so much fun!! Love the costumes and am so glad your kid punched someone out -I don't feel so alone! :)
I miss you too - we need to get our kids together - I think they would have a blast!!
Post a Comment