Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Here Comes Santa Clause...

On Friday night we made our way over to Town Square, which for those of you not from Vegas, it is a fantastic outdoor shopping mall that has everything and anything. On Friday night they were having their annual tree lighting, Santa parade and lots of fun things for the kiddos. We met our friends Dallas and Chi and found a spot to watch Santa's parade. It was VERY crowded and all of the kids were on pins and needles waiting to see Santa. Once the parade turned the corner you could hear nothing but little ones screaming with excitement. Santa was riding in a beautiful white carriage being pulled by a black Clydesdale horse. After the parade we made our way over to the center park where they turned on the lights of a huge Christmas tree. It was beautiful! We then wandered over to the stage where the elves put on a cute little show on for the kids. And then it started to snow. Yep you heard me right, they made it snow in Las Vegas, in the middle of the desert! The kids all looked up in wonder and were trying to catch the snowflakes in their hands.













After all of the festivities we ordered pizza to go from the California Pizza Kitchen, found a table in the park and had some dinner. While we were eating, Cole got up and started wandering his way over to one of the advertisement signs. I know that some of you might think this is in bad taste, but I was rolling on the floor as my son carefully stood in front of this ad studying every little detail.

2 comments:

Dallas said...

It seems I missed a lot after we parted. Boys! Men! They start at 2 and we wonder why they are the way they are by the time they are 30. Ha ha! Thanks for remembering to invite us! We had so much fun!

Carol Swift said...

I didn't know there was that much fun stuff going on over there--darn, I missed it all! I remember how excited I was as a kid seeing a Clydesdale horse for the first time. They are so big!

Charlie, look what your example has taught your son! Great picture. :o)