Saturday, October 25, 2008

Who Needs a Pillow?

So bedtimes have become quite a challenge for us with Cole lately. He used to be great, we would put him in his crib, tell him goodnight, and he might whimper for a minute but he would be out in no time. Well Daddy has been out of town a lot this month so I have been letting the kids sleep with me. Which of course was a big mistake but oh well. I love having the time to snuggle with them and don't even mind the stray kicks in the middle of the night. Well, Charlie had just gotten back from one of his trips and it was time to put the kids to bed, in their own beds! I read them a story every night and this night we decided to read it in Kadence's bed. Well I was really tired and decided I didn't want to fight with Cole so I let him lay down with his sister to go to sleep. It worked great, they were actually quiet right away, which rarely happens. Because this is so unusual, Charlie went up to check on them. Next thing I know he's calling me upstairs and of course all I am thinking is uh oh, what now. I got up there and immediately had to go grab my camera for this shot. Cole basically decided, who needs a pillow when I can just use my sister!

2 comments:

Carol Swift said...

That is such a sweet picture!

Dallas said...

Aww.. this is so cute!