Monday, October 13, 2008

Halloween is in the Air...

Since we had an extra day off this weekend I decided to get my Halloween decorations out and set them up in the yard. I LOVE HALLOWEEN! It signifies the changing of the seasons, which is sometimes hard to recognize since we are in the middle of the desert! Although this year it was pretty chilly so I was easily put in the mood to get in the Halloween spirit.

Every year when I pull out by storage bins full of Halloween lights, Charlie tells me, you realize that it is only Halloween, and I quickly correct him and simply tell him, I love Halloween and I want my kids to love it as much as I do. So there I am dangling off the ladder with one leg, holding on to the big tree in our front yard trying to get the strings of purple and orange lights just right! We live right on the corner where you enter our subdivision and I always notice that once my Halloween lights go up, it seems to motivate our neighbors to get in the mood and within a couple of days you see orange lights scattered all the way down the street!

Once the decorations are up I have a little tradition where I give the kiddos a pair of halloween pajamas to help get them in the mood. I had bought these a while ago and couldn't wait to give them to the kids. So after their bath I surprised them with their bone PJ's. They loved them. Cole had to skim down the stairs as fast as he could to show Daddy and Kadee thought hers were extra special because her's had a heart. Here's some pics of them posing and showing their scary faces in their "Bones"

2 comments:

The Wongs said...

Okay slow down woman - now I am way way way behind!!!! You are going to keep me on my toes!! I'll have to update my blog tonight! :)
I love to hear about your family!!

Carol Swift said...

What a cute idea to buy Halloween pajamas! Makes a great tradition for them to remember.