The PTA hosted a "Family Game Night" at school for the students and their families. It was a really cute event. The GATE teacher set up about 20 games in the cafeteria and then about another 12 more challenging games in her classroom. My sister watched the boys so Charlie could come and enjoy the night with Kadence. I of course being the volunteer coordinator had volunteered to help with the games. I was so glad Charlie got to come because Kadence wasn't stuck staying "where I could see her" all night.
This was not a highly attended event like the Soc Hop or Carnival but it was actually nice because everyone got an opportunity to play the games they wanted without having to wait to long for a turn. Upon arrival every student received a raffle ticket and at the end of the evening all of the games were raffled off. I was keeping my fingers crossed for Kadee to win one of the games and sure enough her ticket was the second to the last one picked. She chose the checkers game. It was a fun night and reminded me just how fun it is to sit down and play a good board game once in a while!


No comments:
Post a Comment