Dallas brought Chi and Clarice brought Kaitlin so Kadence was in seventh heaven to not only get to go to work with mom and dad but to also have friends there to play with! They had a blast! Our tech agent showed them some really cool toys that we use on the bad guys and one of the officers took them for a ride around the garage in the police car, sirens and all!

The one and only time I better ever see this!
For lunch we all went to Johnny Rockets at Fashion Show for some yummy shakes and burgers! The rest of the day was spent delivering mail around the office and spending time with our AWESOME student aide coloring (which helped mommy and daddy actually get a little work done).
I almost forgot to mention the funniest part of the day (until I was reminded by Clarice). Clarice took Kadence and her daughter Kaitlin around the office to deliver some paperwork. Well apparently while they were in another bay of our office one of the officers picked up a conversation with the girls. He mentioned to them that he had handcuffs, probably thinking this would catch their attention. Well, my daughter quickly responded, "My daddy has handcuffs too!" The officer inquisitively replied, "he does, who does he use them on?" Yeah, you guessed it, she blurted out, "Mommy!" Apparently there was a lot of laughter generated by this comment and I'm sure some good stabs will be taken at Charlie next week when everyone returns to work! I couldn't have scripted it any better if I wanted to! Now for some clarification...one year I was a sheriff for Halloween and had bought a pair of handcuffs to go along with the outfit. Well at Halloween we pulled out the storage crates and the kids found the handcuffs to play with. Charlie of course decided to lock me up (in the middle of the day, in the living room, fully clothed...I don't know the more I try to explain it away the worse it sounds so I will leave it at that! Oh what comes out of the mouths of babes!

3 comments:
Darn! I love Take Your Kids To Work day. She looks pretty happy sitting in that police car--maybe a future cop?
you forgot the part about the handcufs
Clarice, your right I will have to add it, it is a pretty darn funny little story that I will want to remember!
Post a Comment