Just wanted to share some tidbits of Kadee's Big Day...aka the first day of school. On Friday, August 22 we got to go meet her teacher and visit her classroom. Her teacher is Mrs. Thorton and knew the second we walked into the classroom that she was a perfect fit for Kadence. Her class was decorated to the hilt in cowboy decor. There were cowboys and cowgirls, horses and haystacks, I was almost ready to re-enroll in Kindegarten (oh if only life could be that simple again). Mrs. Thorton was great and it really meant a lot to see all of her old students, some now in middle school coming by to visit with her.Well the weekend went by very quickly, we did some school clothes shopping and got all of her supplies labeled and ready to go. As I figured I would, I stood in her doorway staring at her the night before. I just couldn't believe that she was really starting school the very next day!
Naturally, mommy took the day off of work so I could send her on her way and I knew I wouldn't be able to go to work after because I would be a blubbering mess! Charlie came home at lunch so we could both take her to school for the first time. I remember walking behind them in the parking lot thinking, wow this is really it! Things went well as I knew they would, my d
aughter is a rock and keeps her chin up no matter how nervous she might be on the inside. We all anxiously waited in the kindegarden play ground for Mrs. Thorton to fling open the door. All of the kids lined up and off they went, one by one. Some cried, some ran to their parents and Kadee Bug just turned quietly to us, waved a little wave and went inside. And that was it, her school days had begun! That afternoon I was literally counting the minutes till I needed to leave the house. My mom and Cole went with me to pick her up. We were there prompltly at 1:50, needless to say school didn't get out until 2:11. When the bell rang Mrs. Thorton opened the door and one by one she dismissed the children to their parents...naturally Kadence was one of the last ones out. She came out with a huge smile and ran to me and gave me a huge hug, at that point I was okay, I knew from here on out she would be just fine as she began to experience all that school has to offer.

2 comments:
Ashten's teacher is Mrs. Thornton -almost the same name!! :) So funny - our middle schools dreams of having kids at the same time and living next door - well we had kids at the same time but don't live next door (although Kal wishes we lived in Vegas) but they have teachers with almost the same name! :) Probably pronounced the same I bet - Love the pictures!! And by the way - been to Pump it Up here too - it's way fun for parents!! I was thinking I need a party there! ha ha!!! - Love you - Kari
I sent four kids off to kindergarten and only one was more emotional than I was. It's like I knew this was it--I wasn't going to be their whole world anymore.
Post a Comment